When your skin lacks enough moisture, it results in drying out. This type of skin is called dry skin. Normally it is not serious, but it can be annoying. If you suffer from severe dry skin, consult a doctor.
Dry skin can be caused due to multiple reasons, ranging from outside temperature to air moisture and several other types.
1. Dry Skin Treatment
The list is virtually infinite with regard to household skin irritants. To name only a few from the list contains products of sweeping, floor polishing, air fresheners, and detergent used for laundry. These products can ripen the layer of natural oils and water required by the skin, resulting in it dry and irritated. Dry skin can lead to more severe conditions such as eczema or dermatitis in a few people.
2. Facial Moisturizer for dry skin
The function of the skin’s natural barrier that also promotes retention of water is strengthened by moisturizers, creams, and ointments.
The overnight moisturizing of skin gives you many advantages. For overnight moisturizing, a person can apply it on their face before going to bed and wash it off with a gentle cleanser in the morning.
A variety of moisturizers is available in the market. Before choosing the right moisturizer for your skin type that fits best might make some mistakes and trials.
Moisturizer that is gentle and skin friendly usually consists of the following ingredients:
- Hyaluronic acid
- colloidal oatmeal
3. Facial cleanser for dry skin
Applying soaps formulated with fragrances, colors, and other chemicals can result in drying and irritating the skin. In general, the perfect cleanser for the skin should be fragrance-free, gentle or you can also use facial soaps.
It is recommended to avoid the use of products that are formulated with ingredients like alcohol, plastics, and artificial colors.
The following ingredients should be avoided:
· Triethanolamine (TEA)
· Products that are formulated with mineral oil, consisting of paraffin and petroleum.
· sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)
· monoethanolamine (MEA)
· diethanolamine (DEA)
4. Facial cream dry skin
Dry skin results in patches, and flakiness so you should apply the facial cream, which contains soothing and hydrating properties. Facial cream will help you to nourish your dry skin without any greasiness.
Naturally, the skin produces new cells and usually substitutes old cells after approximately one month.
If dead skin cells are not removed from the surface of the skin, people might see dry patches and blocked pores on their skin.
The use of exfoliation not only reduces dead cells from your skin but also reduces the appearance of dry patches while enhancing the complete texture of the skin.
Mechanical or chemical exfoliators can be used.
Mechanical exfoliators come with:
· Brushes are used for cleansing purposes.
· Facial Scrubs
· Washcloths for exfoliation
This type of exfoliation eliminates the dead cells from the skin surface through the physical application.
The use of chemical exfoliators may sound like a harsh idea, but many people find chemical exfoliators a gentle substitute for mechanical exfoliators.
· Chemical exfoliators are formulated with two types of acid: alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs).
· Dead cells on the skin surface are dissolved with the help of AHAs, while BHAs penetrate the skin deeper, removing the dead cells from pores. The acids combine to improve cellular rotation, helping the skin to be flexible and smooth.
6. Use a humidifier
Constant use of Indoor central heating systems and air conditioners (AC) extracts moisture from your skin and the air.
An individual with dry skin should try to restrict the use of a central heating system or air conditioners. Add a humidifier to your everyday routine; this helps to bring some moisture to your indoor life.
7. Facial serum for dry skin
If you have dry skin, then choose the facial serum, which has hydrating and moisturizing properties because it will give you extra hydration and miniaturization for a long time.
8. Prevention for dry skin
The following tips can be used by people to avoid dry skin:
· Add a gentle cleanser to wash your face every day.
· Never forget to apply sunscreen.
· Make sure to apply moisture every time you take a shower or wash your face.
· Do not wash your face with hot water; instead, use warm water.
· Always keep yourself hydrated by consuming plenty of water.
· Limit the intake of caffeine.
· Refrain from going too much in the sunlight.
· Increase the use of a humidifier
· Avoid smoking.
· Do not tan your skin artificially.