Mucosolvan is a cough syrup that provides an effective 12-hour solution for a wet cough in adults and children above two years old. It has a trusted formulation of Ambroxol hydrochloride with a three-way action that loosens the phlegm, clears the airways and, protects against new mucus forming.
How To Use:
- Children 0 - 2: 1.25ml, 2 times/day. On medical advice only.
- Children 2 - 5: 1.25ml, 3 times/day.
- Children 6 - 12: 2.5 ml 3 times/day.
- Adults and children over 12: 5 ml 3 times/day for the first 2-3 days. 5 ml 2 times/day thereafter.
- 5 ml of solution contains 30 mg ambroxol hydrochloride
- Benzoic acid
- Flavouring agents
- Purified water
- There have been reports of severe skin reactions associated with the administration of ambroxol hydrochloride.
- Do not take Mucosolvan 30mg/5ml if you suffer from impaired kidney or liver function.
- In patients with rare bronchial diseases that are associated with excessive accumulation of secretions (such as primary ciliary dyskinesia), Mucosolvan cough syrup 30 mg/5 ml should only be used under medical supervision due to the risk that secretions may accumulate.
- Ambroxol passes through the placenta to the unborn child. You should not take this medicine while you are pregnant, especially during the first 3 months.
- The active substance, ambroxol, has been shown to pass into breast milk in animal studies. Use while breastfeeding is not recommended.