For thousands of years, honey has been known for its special properties. Certain honey from specific plants have a greater range of attributes than others, and the honey that comes from some varieties of the New Zealand Manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium) is one of these. The UMF grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka honey and assures purity & quality.
- Very special honey due to its high UMF® potency. It is very rare because not many Manuka plants produce nectar with this level of UMF®
- UMF® (Unique Manuka Factor) refers to the honey€™s unique antibacterial properties
- The special UMF® antibacterial property is not found in all Manuka honey
- The natural alternative to sugar and sweeteners.
- 100% New Zealand made.
- No added colours, additives, flavours or preservatives.
- Each batch of UMF® Manuka honey is tested and certified by accredited laboratories in New Zealand.
- Smooth with a nice acidity
- Slightly herbaceous taste with a hint of caramel and an aromatic smell.
Suggest external uses: to aid against bacterial infection on wounds, cuts, burns, abscesses and skin ulcers. It should be applied liberally 2 to 3 times per day to affected areas.
Internal use: 1-2 teaspoons should be taken ½ an hr before meals to aid digestion. It can also be used in tea or coffee.
General consumption: Spread generously onto bread or toast, enjoy as an eating experience by itself, or mix with warm water and enjoy as a soothing drink. Delicious when added to a marinade and/or used as a cooking agent.
Not to be given to infants under one year old.